We are an online platform and interactive community for moms and moms-to-be. We are currently most active on Instagram @BackedByMoms.
You are! Here at Backed By Moms, we utilize a research-based approach to offer mommy lifestyle solutions with many moms' opinions and recommendations in mind.
That means that the content on Backed By Moms is not only ours personally, but is also supported by moms from various backgrounds and circumstances.
1) We research important topics, interests and questions that are meaningful to moms.
2) Based on what we find and our current focus, we generate convenient online surveys that can reach many moms.
3) We survey our mom community (that's you!) and collect results over a set period of time.
4) Results are analyzed (statistically and categorically).
5) We present the results to you - our Backed By Moms community - in a fun, relatable, and interactive way.
While we all love a good mommy blog and Instagram influencer (us included) - those resources often provide the opinion of just one mom or one small group of moms. This can lead you down the rabbit hole of cross-checking all the blogs, social media accounts, or Google search returns to collect your mommy info. It can be overwhelming (we've been there)!
Here at Backed By Moms, we recognize that Mamas are BUSY people. That's why we wanted to create a seamless and convenient way for mamas to gather relevant info - so save the scrolling and get all the moms' opinions in one place.
We, Abi and Britne, are the cofounders of Backed By Moms. We are both happy mommies who have strong backgrounds in research-based science.
Abi is a D.P.T (Doctor of Physcial Therapy) and is a new mommy to Callum (4 months) and Britne has her Ph.D. (Doctorate of Philosophy) in Neuroscience and is mommy to Addison (7 yrs) and Carter (4 yrs).
The idea for Backed By Moms was born out of a conversation about the necessity for research-based mommy information that is easily accessible and not difficult to understand.
We found our niche when we realized the benefit in blending our mommy-hood with all our science experience. You won't find many people who are interested in the statistical significance of diaper bag items or kid snacks - but we are!!!